This past week THE SWIFT DIET: 4 Weeks to Mend the Belly, Lose the Weight, and Get Rid of the Bloat, by Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RDN and Joseph Hooper, went on sale. This offers sane nutritional advice that’s easy to sustain.
THE SWIFT DIET is the new, revolutionary health and diet plan which shows women how to fix their digestive problems and lose weight permanently, by changing the way they eat and altering their gut bacteria.
THE SWIFT DIET introduces us to the microbiome – the collection of genes belonging to the bacteria that live inside our bodies. These bacteria impact just about every aspect of our lives, from food cravings and how our bodies store fat, to our emotions, our digestion and our immune system response. The good news is, by paying close attention to how you eat and how you live, you can influence how the microbiome behaves for the better. In other words, “Take care of your gut bacteria, and they’ll take care of you!”
We’ve all heard the statistics – roughly two thirds of American adults are either overweight or obese — but what hasn’t been talked about is the massive and rapid rise of digestive problems (often called “irritable bowel”) particularly in women. I’ve suffered from this for over 10 years now. Ugh. Now, new groundbreaking research shows that with the right diet, people can change their gut bacteria to more closely resemble the bacteria that helps keep lean people lean, and healthy.
Kathie Swift, aka: “the Gut Goddess” shares four weeks of delicious meal plans, healthy recipes and stress-reducing lifestyle to help banish gas and bloat, improve digestion, sharpen concentration, boost energy, clear up skin, and reduce tension and worry.
THE SWIFT DIET is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to a healthier way of life. Incorporating innovative research, a positive message and a delicious eating plan, THE SWIFT DIET will, at last, enable you to get the weight off and heal your belly – for good!
Below, is a quick and delicious quinoa recipe—an easy, back-to-school– meal for kids and parents that works well for the dinnertable or the lunchbox.
- ½ cup of quinoa, rinsed and soaked
- 1 cup water
- 1 14½ ounce can lentils, trained
- 2 tablespoons Olive Herbed Pesto (below)
- 1 small cucumber
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cups mesclun greens
- ½ cup fresh herbs, cleaned and loosely packed (basil, parsley, mint, cilantro, etc)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pitted olives
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- In a small saucepan, place the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the cooled quinoa and lentils with the pesto. Add in cucumber, tomato, and carrot.
- Place all of the Pesto ingredients in a blender or in the bowl of a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve over the greens.
You can purchase The Swift Diet online here.
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I was not paid to write this review.