I haven’t had tabouli in years! I was so excited when I came across this recipe from Nature’s Path.
This salad is perfect for summer (or winter or spring or fall :), it’s so refreshing. It combines classic tabbouleh ingredients but substitutes puffed brown rice for traditional bulgur or couscous. Red cabbage isn’t a traditional ingredient in tabouli its adds a little crunch and color to the salad.
- 3 cups Red Cabbage, finely chopped
- 3 cups unsweetened Rice Puffs*
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, puffed rice cereal, mint, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and lemon zest.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Add more lemon juice if needed.
*be sure to use the unsweetened variety of puffed rice cereal.