Almond flour is an excellent gluten free and grain free baking option. Its protein and fat content makes it an ideal option for quick breads, muffins, cookies and bars. The protein, fat and fiber in almond flour will also contribute to satiety, the feeling of fullness between meals, which can assist with weight management. In many recipes, almond flour can replace wheat flour in a one-to-one ratio for seamless substitution.
Morning Pep Blanched almond flour, made from skinless almonds that have been finely ground, is the perfect gluten substitute. Chock full of protein and dietary fiber, Almond flour works well with many recipes while giving you a Limited amount of carbohydrate intake. Aside from being gluten free, Morning Pep’s blanched almond flour provides a savory flavor, richness and smooth texture.
Almond flour adds a moist texture and slight nutty flavor to desserts and breads. Morning Pep Blanched almond flour is also non-GMO, certified kosher, and contains no additives of preservatives. In fact, the only ingredient is blanched almonds.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used a little less)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture.
- Add the almond flour, salt, vanilla and baking soda and mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold them into the batter.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and press them down gently onto a non-stick baking surface.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies rise and the edges have browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool before eating.
- To make this vegan substitute the egg with flax seeds or your favorite egg replacer.
Nut flours burn easily, so most of recipes will call for a lower baking temperature and longer time than you would use with a normal wheat flour recipe. Keep a close eye on your baked goods though, because all ovens heat differently and I’ve definitely burnt cookies a few times, including the first batch of cookies I made yesterday!
Morning Pep Almond flour comes in two sizes: 2 lb. and 5 lb. bags. Both are available on Amazon. Five pounds might seem like a lot but if you use it often enough it is well worth spending $40 on this size. In the end that is only $8 per pound, a price you will not find at any grocery store.
Now for the giveaway! One lucky reader will win a 2 lb. bag of Morning Pep Almond Flour!
This giveaway will end on March 19, 2015 at 11:59pm. Open to U.S. residents only.
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I was not paid to write this review.