This recipe is complimentary of my sister Katie, and although I haven’t tried it, if it’s anything like our mom’s (who she learned from) it must be delicious!
- 1 lb Ground turkey meat
- 1 package Old El Paso (it is not certified gluten free but does not contain gluten ingredients) or other gluten free chili seasoning packet
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp hot jalepeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 4 oz can tomato paste
- shredded Mexican or monetary jack cheese for the topping
- In a large saucepan, brown onions over medium high heat. Add the chopped green pepper.
- Add ground turkey meat and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and chilli seasoning packet and mix well. Add the corn, peppers and beans.
- Let simmer for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips and top with cheese!