Get out your slow cookers! Grilling season may be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up taste. It’s time for tasty, even easier meals, made in your slow cooker. Whether your schedules are filling up with sports or after school activities, an easy slow cooker recipe will help you get a good meal on the table in no time. And when you use JENNIE-O® Turkey in your favorite recipes, you get all the comfort food taste without the guilt.
I prefer cooking with ground turkey or ground beef most of the time. It’s leaner, lighter and healthier. And I love using my slow cooker! I can turn it on, set the timer and have dinner ready exactly when I want it to be! JENNIE-O® Turkey can be used in so many ways – from meatballs to tacos to chili to full plated meals, the possibilities are endless! One of my personal favorite fall dishes is Turkey and Butternut Squash Chili.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped,
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound JENNIE-O® Ground Turkey
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, chopped
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add turkey, 1 tablespoon chili, ½ teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon oregano, ½ teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper and cook until browned.
- Transfer turkey mixture to crock pot
- Add tomatoes, butternut squash, chicken broth, and the rest of the spices. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I was not paid to write this review.