The holidays are about spending time with friends and family and baking delicious food! Pete and Gerry’s Eggs knows there is a tremendous amount of time and thought that goes into carefully selecting every recipe ingredient – and choosing the right egg is no exception!!
If you’re not already familiar with the brand, Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs has been in business since the late 1800’s, sourcing their eggs sustainably from small family farms while becoming the country’s first Certified Humane Free Range egg producer. This holiday season,I am baking up my favorite gluten free sugar cookies using Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour + more for rolling/dusting
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter at medium speed.
- Add the egg, water, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon (if using). Blend until mixed well.
- Add the flour and mix at low speed until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, about ¼-inch thick.
- Cut out the dough with selected cookie cutters, and place the cookies on the baking sheet. Make sure the cookies are not touching.
- Reform and roll out the scrap dough, then continue cutting more cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a cooling rack. Cool completely before decorating.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
What are you baking this holiday season? Does your recipe require eggs? If so, then I think you will love this giveaway! I am giving one lucky reader the chance to win two free Pete and Gerry’s product coupons! To enter, simply click on the rafflecopter below.
This giveaway will end on December 15, 2016 at 11:59pm. Open to U.S. residents only.
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I was not paid to write this review.