What’s spaghetti without sauce? If you are buying one, you are usually buying the other, right? But which – and how – to choose is the real question.
Finding a healthy pasta sauce is not always easy. With so many brands and flavors its hard to know how to choose. When I buy pasta sauce I look for sauces that are made with clean ingredients, low in sugar and lower in sodium that most brands, have no added sugar, preservatives and are not too sweet.
Cucina Antica cooking and pasta sauces are made with real tomatoes, not paste or puree. The sauces contain no preservatives, no added sugar, no added water, and they are low in sodium for a healthy, wholesome meal. The sauces are low in sodium, with 220-240mg per serving, with the exception of the Pumpkin Sauce that has 350mg, which is still well below many that clock in at 500mg. Each sauce is low in sugar (1-2g per serving). Basically, Cucina Antica checks off everyone of my requirements in a pasta sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 3 cups Cucina Antica pasta sauce
- Combine chick, chicken stock, salt, pepper and garlic in a crockpot. Set to low and cook for 2-3 hours.
- Shred the chicken and drain the crockpot.
- Return the chicken to the crockpot with Cucina Antica sauce and cook for another 1-2 hours.
- Serve over spiralized zuchinni noodles or your favorite gluten free pasta
All of Cucina Antica sauces are gluten free, all natural, and vegan, except the La Vodka and Tuscany Pumpkin sauces.