Jeremy and I don’t eat that many frozen meals, mainly because there just aren’t that many gluten free options. Ok, maybe there are more gluten free frozen food products available in stores today more than ever before, but have you tried some of them? The amount of sodium in many meals is too high for my likely (and make the food taste way too salty!) Other products just have too many unpronounceable ingredients that I personally do not want to put into my body. For that reason, I cook most of our meals at home from scratch. As you can imagine, this isn’t always easy, especially on days that I work that or that I’m so tired from a long day at work and the last thing I want to do is cook! Well thanks to Bumble Bee Foods, North America’s largest branded seafood company, who recently came out with a new product line Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Premium Fresh Frozen, which is 100% gluten free, low sodium, and made with very few ingredients, all which I can pronounce. Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a new line of naturally seasoned, restaurant-quality premium fresh frozen seafood that is cleaned, cut and fresh frozen within hours, then chef prepared with high-quality, all-natural ingredients. High in protein, rich in flavor and gluten free. The six premium seafood items include:
- Spicy Shrimp Romesco
- Lemon Shrimp with Garlic & Herbs
- Salmon with Garden Pesto
- Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs
- Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I recently had the chance to try some of the new products and I was very impressed with the fresh flavor, and how quick and easy it is to prepare. Bumble Bee SuperFresh® raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food!
All Bumble Bee SuperFresh® entrees go from freezer to table in 25 minutes or less, perfect for busy nights, and nights you get home late from work and just don’t feel like spending time in the kitchen preparing a meal. The Salmon and Tilapia come with their own parchment paper baking pouch, a special uncoated parchment paper to seal in flavor and juices, it’s included so you don’t have to worry about having parchment paper or not. Each fish is high in protein, and low in number of ingredients used. I try to eat as clean as possible and never buy frozen meals for this reason. But Bumble Bee SuperFresh® certainly is an exception, and great addition to frozen meals available in the market.
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® smells and tastes amazing. No fishy smells here. Because you prepare Bumble Bee SuperFresh® straight from the freezer, there isn’t any smell associated with thawing fish, which is especially appreciated when you live in a small city apartment where smells easily travel to every room and get trapped in. My favorite product is the Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs. What a difference fresh lemon makes! Combined with Extra Olive Oil, shallots, black pepper and other natural ingredients, this simple recipe brings out the clean, fresh flavor of premium tilapia. Another thing I love about the new line is that there is no mess to clean up!! No dishes to clean, no mess to clean, and no fuss. Like I said, the meals are easy to prepare, simply preheat the oven, take the fish out of the box, pull back the seal of the plastic bag each fish is wrapped in, place the fish in the parchment paper bag, fold the open edge of the bag, place on a baking sheet, and put in the oven, and voila! Some of my favorite, quick, easy and delicious side dishes (all can be prepared in less than 25 minutes!) that are perfect for fall include:
1.Avocado Mango Salsa
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Roasted Rosemary Oregano Potatoes
3. Spiralized zucchini noodles topped with Spicy Shrimp Romesco and baby tomatoes
4. Sautéed Fresh Spinach
- 1 pound green beans, washed & trimmed
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tbs. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup red pepper, seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- salt & pepper to taste
- Steam the green beans for 7 minutes or until tender.
- In large skillet, heat 1 Tbs. oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add red pepper, green beans and balsamic vinegar, cooking for 2 - 3 minutes, until heated through.
- Remove from heat. Add remaining Oil, salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
6. Roasted Fall Vegetables
7. Braised Radishes
- 1 lb radishes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the radishes in a large skillet and add just enough water to cover. Add the butter, sugar, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until the radishes are tender and the liquid has reduced to a glaze, about 12 minutes
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer radishes to a serving dish (or your plate)
- Pour glaze over radishes
- If the radishes are tender but the liquid has not reduced sufficiently, remove the radishes from the skilled and continue to reduce the liquid.
8. Spinach Quinoa Salad with craisins and almonds
9. Quinoa with Apples and Carrots
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finelly diced carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups diced unpeeled apples
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa and rub the grains together for 30 seconds before cooking.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a saucepan over med-high heat. Add onion, carrot, garlic, salt and pepper. Sautee for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender and carrots begin to brown.
- Stir in broth, water, quinoa and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is simmering, in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add the apple and sautee for 7 minutes, until apple begins to brown.
- Add apple to the quinoa and toss to combine.
- Serve warm.
- For a vegetarian version, use vegetable broth.
Visit the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® website for a $2 off coupon so you can try these delicous SuperFresh® products for yourself! Bumble Bee SuperFresh® products are available at super markets nationwide, including Fairway Markets and Gristedes in NYC. To find a retail location nearest you, click here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.