I had a few very ripe bananas in my kitchen and decided to make banana bread this afternoon.
This banana bread is very tasty and so moist, no one will even know it’s gluten free! The flavor and texture are both excellent I really think you will enjoy this recipe!
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup butter
¼ cup water
1 cup mashed bananas
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
½ cup chocolate chips, raisins or walnuts (optional)
For this recipe I used a little more than 1 cup bananas and I added an extra teaspoon of cinnamon.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease one 9x5x3 inch load pan.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the sugars and butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs, water, banana, vanilla and almond extract.
4. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add this mixture to the wet mixture.
5. If you are using chocolate chips or nuts mix those in and then pour into loaf pan.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes. You may need a little more time but I hate when my breads are too dry so. I would check it at 30 minutes, as every oven is different
7. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I usually add nuts or chocolate chips to my banana bread but I wasn’t in the mood today. It’s almost Valentine’s Day so I am trying to hold off on eating too much chocolate until Tuesday.