- 2 tablespoons gluten free onion powder
- 2 teaspoons gluten free garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional – I do not use salt ever in cooking or baking)
- 1 tablespoon gluten free chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed dried red pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons gluten free ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Light Seven Layer Dip
- 2 16-ounce cans black beans (or 1 can black beans and 1 can pintos), drained
- 2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup light sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 2-3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic glove (optional – I do not use that much)
- ½ – 1 cup grated Mexican 4 blend cheese OR Pepper Jack and Cheedar mix
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 3 Scallions, chopped
- Layer One: Combine the beans, and taco seasoning in a small bowl. Mash lightly with a fork, if you like. Transfer the beans to an 8-inch square dish or glass bowl of a similar size.
- Layer Two: In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and taco seasoning. Spread the mixture evenly over the bean layer.
- Layer Three: Mash avocados, lime juice, and garlic. Stir in the red onion. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Spread the guacamole over the sour cream mixture.
- Layer Four: Sprinkle cheese evenly over the guacamole, add more or less depending on your preference
- Layer Five: Sprinkle tomatoes over cheese
- Layer Six: Sprinkle olives over tomato
- Layer Seven: Top with scallions
- Serve at room temperature with tortilla chips and carrot and celery sticks.